THE VICTORIAN AGE 1837 - 1901

BannerFans.com

Translater

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Reborn with Love


How did I first come across the Reborns. I cannot quiet believe I have took to these dolls as I never played with dolls as a child but these are quiet something.
Way back in April 2010 I went to a doll and teddy show to find a new Charley bear and was looking at a lady holding a new born baby thinking that baby is not moving as I turned a corner I noticed a table with babies on it. And more in the next room I started to talking to a few of the reborners and was told that the babies were heirloom dolls which were as life like as possible. I took a few business cards and decided I so wanted one. I was told that A reborn doll is a manufactured vinyl play doll that has been transformed in order to achieve as much realism as possible in order to resemble a human baby. The process of creating a reborn doll is referred to as reborning, and the doll artists are referred to as reborners. ..This includes the artist repainting the doll and rooting mohair onto the head. I was smitten.
I went home and started trawling the net for more information. The two reborners who took my fancy were Elaine Colbert http://www.rebornbabydolls.co.uk/
and Nikki Thorpe http://www.freewebs.com/nikkisrebornnursery/
I decided to have an Estelle kit from Elaine and called her Ellie-May
After that I couldnt stay away from the shows and to top it off my dad was interest as well and came with me. I couldnt stop at one and now have a little collection which I will introduce you to in furture blogs.

A whole new hobby and new friends had began
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment