THE VICTORIAN AGE 1837 - 1901

BannerFans.com

Translater

Thursday 29 July 2010

Start of Reborn Collection


March 2010
Dad was so interested in my Ellie-may I adopted that he decided to have a toddler doll hence Bella came along Dad went to Nikki Thorpe and I went along for the ride. Nikki was a lovley girl been reborning for a while and introduced us to all her babies I fell in love with a Noah kit doll such a sweetie she was a sleeping one. Nikki and I got along like a house on fire she seemed to enjoy all the things I did. On the way home I commented that if I had the cash I would of had Noah, I had only been in my flat 10 mins and the phone rang it was Dad. "If you want that Noah I will give you the cash" I was overjoyed. Dad and I decided to do a joint collect as we both dont have that much space at home. So the next day back to Nikki's we went and Noah renamed Darcy (yes after Mr Darcy played by the wonderful Colin Firth) came home. I was invited to call round to Nikki any time and as she only lives 20 mins from me I have took her up on the offer and I am so please I did, as she has told me about the fourm New Born Treasures that Sandra Rudd of http://www.reborn-treasures.co.uk/ has set up for newborn artists and boy what a friendly fourm it is one of the best ive belonged to they have monthly meetings and pram pushes where we all meet up (some have lovely silver cross vintage prams) and show off our reborns which in turn helps them get orders.
Photobucket

Now end of July Dad and I have 14 new friends and a brilliant hobby and had some smashing days out at local steam fairs or carnivals with our prams.
I now own a childs silver cross and my aim over the next month is to turn the bottom of my seating room into a show case for the babies and my spare bedroom into a office/nursery. My first few blogs will be catching up on the start of the year so I have an online diary for me to look back over and enjoy.


duo of prams

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gail,
    Looks like all you gals are having a ball with your babies. That is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail, your babies look such fun! How cool to be able to play with other grown ups of like mind.

    Thanks for joining my blog and for your nice comment.

    You sound a lot like me, horse mad, dog crazy and grown-up-toy besotted. Similar age and arthritic feet to boot ;)

    ReplyDelete