THE VICTORIAN AGE 1837 - 1901

BannerFans.com

Translater

Saturday 31 July 2010

The Laurels - dolls house - the start




Was very excited today as I went to pick up my dolls house. The pic is a photo of what was on the box to give you some idea, will post pics of work in process as i go along. This is my first one called the Laurels. Sue at the shop gave me tips about the painting, wallpapering and the floors, then I had a good look round the shop. Some really nice pieces. Sue runs a unit called Suzie Mac's on the Hoar Park Farm in Warwickshire UK, along with other country crafts units its a very nice location.
I have ordered a book from eBay which describes each room in the Victorian house as I would like to furnish my house in that style as I have always wanted to live in an Victorian house.
I will start the house in two to three weeks as I am in the middle of re-vamping and cleaning out rooms in my flat, but the enjoyable part is planning what I want in each room, style of wallpaper and floor etc which will keep me happy for days if not weeks.
Although I wasn't going to buy any items for my house until the building had been done I just couldn't resit a goreous hansom cab made by small wonders this on line shop is well worth a visit and Doreen who runs it is a lovely lady to do business with.




small for web







Gail

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to following your dollshouse adventure and will catch up on your dolls too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gail,
    The dollhouse sounds so exciting!!!
    It's a great incentive to hurry and finish cleaing your flat so that you can PLAY!!! :)
    I'm anxious to see your progress and looking forward to following you through the process :)
    Thank you for leaving me the sweetest of comments. You led me back here to your beautiful blog and I've so enjoyed my visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really sounds like fun Gail! I had a doll's house when I was a youngster that my Grandad built for me, I used to love it. You'll be lost in that place for weeks and weeks... I'll call by with a flask of tea and a plate of sarnies (or maybe even a burnt pizza, lmao!) if I don't see you for a while! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you do with your doll house. I have an old one that was my daughters when she was a little girl. I have been saying that I was going to fix it up and make a nursery out of it. Right now I just don't seem to have enough time. You know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete